While Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner (or quite frankly any dinner experience including Turkey ) is wonderful on Day 1, it’s great to have alternative meal options to make with the leftovers! Check out this blog for some awesome turkey recipes.
Turkey Ciabatta Sandwich
This is great for a lunch meal will be sure to hit the spot!
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute apple with sugar and cinnamon until crispy & tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; saute onion until lightly browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sauteed apples.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto the bottom side of the ciabatta. Layer with turkey, apple mixture, cheese and add arugula.
- To make this sandwich even better, place the sandwich open-faced in the oven on broil, for a melted, crispy, turkey sandwich. If you decide to do this step, save the arugula addition until the end.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add arugula close sandwiches.
Recipe # 2
Turkey Fettucine Pasta
- Fettucine Noodles
- 1/4 cup of Dried Cranberry
- 3 springs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 cup of 35% Cream
- 2 cups of Shredded Turkey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 of medium Sweet Onion
- Boil 4 cups of water with salt. When the water begins to bubble add enough pasta noodles for 2 people. Boil for 5-8 minutes. Wash and strain with cold water.
- Heat a pan on a second burner with olive oil on med-high heat.
- When the oil begins to sizzle, add the onions, garlic, and 1 rosemary sprig.
- When the onions and garlic begin to brown, remove the onions and garlic.
- Heat the shredded turkey in the same pan. Once the turkey is warmed up, remove it from heat.
- In the same pan heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, and 1/2 cup of the 35% cream. When this begins to bubble, add the onions, garlic, turkey, Fettucine pasta, and rosemary.
- Top with cranberries and a fresh sprig of rosemary and serve.
Recipe # 3
Turkey & Stuffing Caesar Salad
- leftover turkey meat
- leftover stuffing
- dried or fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup of caesar dressing
- 2 tbsp turkey broth
- romaine lettuce
- Chop up romaine lettuce. Wash cut lettuce in a basin and use a spin dryer, to remove moisture.
- Mix turkey broth and 2 tbsp of turkey broth in a small dish.
- Warm-up leftover turkey and stuffing.
- Toss together turkey, stuffing, chopped romaine, cranberries, and dressing mix together. Bon Appetit